Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this for my kids and so far its been a pain in the butt.
as soon as you hit the throttle (no matter how far the stop screw is in ) it pretty much goes full speed. I can't figure it out? it has to be electrical cause i unplugged some of the wires going to a box and it would still run just no throttle response. It's just so hard to teach a kid to ride when the quad only goes one speed which is to fast. any help would greatly be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could be a problem with the CDI if thats what you unplugged but I wouldnt think it would run with that not hooked up. What did you unplug? Check to see if the jumper is installed across the two terminals of the CDI box. Thats what keeps the speed down under 10 MPH. Iy was missing from ours when I bought it. If its taken off the it will go about 15 MPH. The CDI should be under the front plastics just under the handlebars on the left side opposite the key. I have a 2003 for my son and thats where it is on ours.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does your go straight to top speed with very little throttle? ours does. no matter if your pushing it 1/10 or full throttle it goes the same speed. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
AaronB-What wires did you unplug? I just bought my son a Polaris Scrambler 50 and it will start and idle fine but as soon as you give it throttle, it bogs down (ie no throttle response).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts