Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself with an ignorant question. The scenario is: I have a relatives 2002 SP700 (348 miles w/84 hours) in my possession that I'm trying to sell for a family member. As you can see by the hours and mileage that it's spent most of it's life in storage. So MUCH time, that my BIL recently took it to an "authorized repair center" in east Texas to have the carb cleaned and it looked over for possible problems that might be caused by lack of use. He is in the military and was stationed overseas and the shop kept this beast for 4 months awaiting his return. He picked it up and drove it and it ran like it was brand new. They had cleaned the carb, installed a battery and made a few other adjustments, all of which evidently brought the machine back to beasthood. He brings me the bike to sell (due to non-use). The first potential buyer that shows up pulls the left side cover off and there plain as day is a fuel line affixed to the reserve selector at one end and just dangling at the other. The bike is running flawlessly, but I have no idea where the questionable fuel line goes. Common sense tells me on the outlet on the right side of the fuel tank (from drivers view), but there is already a line on that port that comes down and joins another line with what appears to be some sort of check valve and the line accompanying it is just dangling loose as well. No fuel is spilling out so something must be right, but I was wondering if there's some sort of fuel line routing diagram for this particular Sportsman that will give me an idea where it goes. The "shop" that cleaned his carb etc. etc is 200 miles away, so I'm kinda stuck fixing it for him. I'm mechanically capable as I was a service Manager for Welding Equipment locally, but I lost the majority of my vision in '09 to ARMD and can't see well enough to figure it out without a little help. If anyone could steer me in the right direction as far as a line routing diagram, I would appreciate it. This Internet crap takes me forever to dig around in due to my vision....Thanks in advance guys. And please excuse any typos. It's hell typing things like this sometimes without a mistake or ten... :) Troy

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the Board!:med:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts