Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
8,739 Posts
Not sure about your model, but make sure the water pump is primed and actually moving coolant. Fan won't come on if there is no coolant flowing across the sensor to read temps from. Had this problem on my 2004 500 ho. Once I got it primed the fan would come on and the engine no longer overheated.
This thread is nearly three years old jl. I'm sure the OP probably figured something out by now. From the description in the thread he likely just had a breaker or broken wire problem. He'd replaced the fan switch and the machine only overheated when the fan wasn't running unless wired up straight to 12v power.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I realized the post was old after I replied. Maybe it will help someone else. I had the same symptoms as he described and it was as I mentioned, it was because the coolant level had gotten low and the pump lost prime. Was a real bear to get it to re-prime.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My bad for not posting solution. I ended up taking the thermostat out and the fan turn on when it got up to temp. I ordered a brand new thermostat and problem solved the fan turned on when the sensor was wired and it got up to temp.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts