Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i am new to here and im having a problem with my 2002 sportsman 500 HO 4x4
about 4 years ago i was working on it and the original owner told me it needed back wheel bearings and he said also a battery
it had been sitting a while so when i boosted it off and attempted to crank it and it took a while to get it to start and when i did it ran okay i let it run for a minute or two and when i shut it off i could never get it to start again
finally the starter locked up and i didnt know it so it sat for 4 years before i attempted to try again
it has been covered up with a tarp but not inside
i finally fixed the starter and it turns over fine but im not getting any fire i took the pull start cover off and then got to the magnito it was a little dirty so i cleaned it up but still nothing
i hate to buy parts with out knowing what it is the coil, magnito, or something else
when i worked on it 4 years ago i hooked it up to a car and also a charger severl times and i know it probably wasnt good for it
but i wasnt sure if that may have burned out the coil or something else
any help would help
thanks
cr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
somebody told me to check the wires and make sure no mouse or animal had eatin the wires but everything looks fine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts