Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found that while I was riding the machine started running bad.I started checking different things out,and found that the clip that holds the needle jet had come off.This was making the engine bog down and sputter and the power was ziltch.My question is which slot on the needle does the clip go on?There are 5 grooves.Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It should go into the middle groove stock. Not at all common for them to come off. Have you had this apart before?? This would cause the quad to run like crap from just off idle on higher.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Funny, mine just started to bog or more like sputter after 1/4 throttle. I just redid the carb and everything ran fine, until the last 500yrds. However my needle and clip appear fine. I never heard of one of those clips coming off by itself. If I hold it wide open it almost dies, just baaaaaaa, then fires like idleing then bogs and dies fires a couple more times..... Had it happen a year or 2 ago as well. Never found what caused it. 800 miles on a 2001 500HO RSE, but it should be the same BST-40 carb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts