Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Sportsman 500 and the AWD light will not come on. I have power at the switch and at the hub coils, but cannot get any magnetic force to hold the armature plate. I was wondering if the there was a possibility the CDI box is bad or any other suggestions. Everything else works on the quad except the 4x4 system. Any ideas let me know.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
first thing you need to do is take the plug for either hub and give it a 12v source and see if the magnets hold tight. If they don't then you have a wire issue or your magnet is weak and needs to be replaced. If it doesn't grab at all then you have a wiring issue. I take apart the hub and energize the coil and see how much grab there is. You can also check that the armature plate is flat. My light does not work on my 01 500 but 4x4 does.

Not sure how the CDI would be involved.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are both the gray and brown with white stripe both suppose to have 12V dc. They both do at the connector underneath the headlight. I have looking at the wiring diagrams and traced the brown with white stripe to the speedometer and also have 12v when i check it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts