·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4x4 doesnt work speedo cluster doesnt either any anwsers would be apreated

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board! I believe Dale just answered this question just today. Maybe he'll respond to this question?

·
Registered
56 Posts
4x4 doesnt work speedo cluster doesnt either any anwsers would be apreated
I've got the same problem.If the speedo dosen't work the awd will not either.
They both run off the same power . Now last night I took a quick look and there is two wires coming off the transfer case in the front but this just seems to control the indicator light on the digital display. My whole cluster works except the digital speedo nd the needle speedo .I persume the small wire harness on the back controls the speedo somebody correct me if I'am wrong. Does naybody know a way of jumping some wires to get it to engage and what colours.

Thanks J.R

·
Registered
40 Posts
on my scrambler 500 it was a 2000

i put a set of moose bars on it and i remvoed the stock bars and speedo.

i lost 4x4. i re connected the speedo and it worked. so i zip tied all of the wires up to the speedo and tucked it down inside the front hood. that way my 4x4 worked and it was hidden

if your speedo doesnot work now your 4x4 wont work until its fixed. polaris is gay like that and the way them made stuff work is stupid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting Story.

I got stuck a couple of weeks ago while riding with some friends. After one of my buddies pulled me out, he asked if I had 4wd engaged. I looked down at the switch and said yes. He said, "Well, your front tires werent spinning." I pulled up to a large tree and tried spinning the tires. Only the back ones were spinning. I looked down and my guages weren't working either. We started ripping it apart trying to find the problem. He went to call a guy he knows and I decided to flip the red kill switch on and off. When I pushed it back to run.... Guages came on. Started the machine, pushed into the tree again and all four tires spun. Apparently, there are two contacts inside that switch. Some how I managed to bump it enough while trying to get unstuck to disconnect the contact for the guages and 4wd but it was still making contact to the ignition side.

May not be ur problem but it will be worth your while to flip the switch to see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts