Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the threads, the Internet and could not find an answer. Need to know if cylinders are interchangeable between 2000-2002 "325cc" model if the rocker boxs are different. I have a breather box on top of mine rocker box (2002 Trail Boss) but found a used cylinder head with a rocker box without the breather, just a "normal" looking rocker box. Can I used just the cylinder head and put my rocker box on it?

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Dealing with the same issue on my 325 Magnum....Timing chain broke on a recent trail ride. Piston hit the valves and bent them both. I have another head for a 325, but the rocker box is not with it. Parts are not sold in pairs, they are listed separately. But the rocker box has the upper part of the camshaft saddles in it. Mechanic at the dealership where I work part time, said to take the valves out and put the cam in. Assemble the two pieces and turn the cam. If the cam turns freely without any tight spots or binding then you are good to go. I did this and found that mine will work so I will save the 50 bucks apiece for new valves.

Both the rocker boxes on my machines have the separate cover. Doubt it will make a difference as long as the cam turns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info stave7119. That is kind of what I was thinking. The head, bolt pattern, valve location, rocker box bolt pattern look the same on my head as the one I got off EBay. I'm gong to work on it next week and hopefully it works. It better, this is my wife machine. Can't have it breaking down on her. She is new to ATVing and really likes it and her Polaris!

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Glad I could help, good luck with the project!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts