Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new here and this is my first post. I have worked on many atv's, snowmobiles etc but this is my first polaris. I have just purchased a 2002 250 Trailblazer for the young lad and I am fixing up a few things that need to be done, its partly tore down right now. It appears to be all stock.

1st - checked compression and it was 105 psi on my gauge - stock is 115 psi or is that the minimum?

2nd - SPX or Wiseco for pistons? Wiseco are known for cold seizures and SPX are getting good reviews on other machines/sled etc. opinions?

3rd - just noticed ball joint bottom strut to a-arm is pouched, I have the nut and 2 screws out and the plate off........Any tips on getting joint out of strut?

4th - No reeds on this engine? That's a first for me?? I thought I saw replacement reeds from boyesen for the 250 trailblazer (maybe not) - confused??

5th - Anyone running 12t/42t sprockets? opinions? Stock is 11/36 and it had 12/34 when I bought it. I purchased 12/42 for the new slightly larger rear tires 23x10x10.

Thanks in advance......

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
850 Posts
I had the same atv was a excellent starter machimne your compression is on the low side try putting some oil in the plug hole and trying another test if its higher if it is you likly need a piston ,rings and I'd do a bore when u have it apart. As for the piston wiesco are great but they are forged and need some warm up time before you go out and ride the crap outa it, spx work great I used them with no problems and your tire size I ran a 24 11 10 with 2 teeth larger on the rear you could defintly notice the power loss but worked well!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have ran SPX on a few sled rebuilds with great success (none have come back to haunt me). And ya no reed, piston port engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts