Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I am trying to fix my sons ATV. It had sat for awhile but I got it started only to find a gas leak. It was on the small 1/4" line that leaves the top of the carb and goes around to a T-joint that goes into the bottom side of the carb. When I went to pull it out, the line that seemed to go straight down off the T came up as if it did not attach to anything. It has a filter of some sort about 4 inches down from the T and then another 6 to 8 inches of line. It looks to me like it used to plug into something but have had no luck finding anything. Thinking it may suppose to be this way, I have tried to start the ATV to no avail.

I have had no luck finding a schematic for this fuel system. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce. I will try to takes some pics tmro in the event that might help. I just hate to take it to the shop for what may be an easy fix. I know with it sitting for awhile the needle, float, etc. may need some work but it started for me before I messed with the gas line.

It sure needs some other work from the abuse of a teenager but need to get it running first.

Thanks again for the welcome!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I believe the line you are talking about is the over flow line that goes to the T and then has a check valve at the end. If it is leaking gas out of the over flow line you can almost bet your needle valve needs to be replaced. If you have a mighty vac you can test it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That makes the most sense to me as well. Just wanted to make sure before I ran it to the shop only to have them show me where it plugs in. Appreciate you guys taking the time to answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Granted the thread is a little on the old side, I am in the final stages of an engine overhaul and have the same issue regarding the fuel, vent and oil line routing to the various ports on the carb. It sure is hell getting old ....:sadwavey:
I think I am in the initial stages of CRS (can't remember sh!*)

Thanks for the help-
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts