Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Xpedition 425 that is rich on the top end. Plug is black and when higher up in the revs it loads up. I just looked tonight that it still has the stock main jet which surprised me since we are still below freezing here. I'm going to check the float level and try to make sure choke isn't stuck on tomorrow. After that anything else I can address before pulling the carb for a cleaning/rebuild? Or should I try a smaller jet just to see? Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well looks like the fuel level might have been too high. Now it's lean on top which is what it should be for the current temp. Does anyone have the polaris p/n's for the 147.5 thru 157.5 main jets? The dealer isn't any help and jet websites online don't accept non-US orders without mailing in money first. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just took the carb apart after still having a mid-range burble all summer. Needle jet assembly was put together wrong by whoever took it apart last time. The plastic ring/collar that goes between the needle and spring was actually under the needle. Should run like a top after the parts order comes in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts