Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 600 Sportsman and it has no spark. The issue started about 3 years ago and I couldnt afford to fix it, but now I found a system by RM Stator that replaced all of the ignotion components with a new CDI box and a new coil for $250. I bought the part and put it on, but still have no spark. The battery is putting out 12 volts until I turn the key then I am getting between 8 and 9 volts to the wire that powers the new CDI box. Any help here would be great as I would like to get this thing running again. I have read several success stories with RM Stator so I hope mine is a success as well.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Try contacting RM?, so your saying the battery is measured at 12v but the wire you used to the CDI is only getting 8-9v?, you read the instructions correctly?, does it crank over ok?, maybe your battery is shot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery is measuring 12 volts even when I measure it at the CDI Box power wire, but when I try to turn it over the voltage drops to 8-9 volts. I have heard that a lot of these electronic ignotions require at least 12 volts to operate correctly, and I think i have a bad cell in the battery. Would that cause it not to fire if the CDI box is not recieving 12 volts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also sent a message to RM and am waiting for a reply, but Im sure they are at minimal staff for the holidays.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Try using a battery charger when cranking , how fast it crank?, voltage does drop alot when cranking sometimes 2 volts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts