Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have a spark going to either of my plugs. I put in new plugs, inserted them into the leads and turned it over, no spark. I have the service manual, but have no idea where to start to test the different wires and parts. I would think it is the CDI box or stator. The scenario was -20C and the quad died after running well with no issues. It was backed off a trailer and when it was put into forward gear it died. It backfired a few times really loudly and now no spark. I have checked wires runing out of stator to CDI, they appear ok. Plug wires appear ok. Any ideas? I have read lots about changing over the Ducati ignition to the Kokusan system, which I can do, but not 100% sure that is what I need.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought my battery was good, so I initially ruled it out. In reading some other forums, people were saying there may be enough charge to turn over the engine, but a low battery may not be enough for electric ignition to work, hence no spark. I have purchased a new battery as mine at full charge (indicator on battery tender) shows only 6-8 volts. Now I just ned to repair the threads I wrecked trying to get my flywheel off, put machine back together and try lighting it up with a new battery. Comments on the battery issue please?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts