Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this atv on 6-10-15 used replaced spark plugs had tk fix the carb it leaked gas now it runs good but one problem i had the fan start up in the morning while it was starting up then it ran for 3 seconds the fan shut off didnt think anything of it went riding for about a hour the temp indicator came on within 10 mins of riding i ignored it thinking it was messed up then the coolant was boiling because it was hot the plastic tube going to the radiator broke and had coolant on the ground so the fan wont start up anymore i dont know how to hotwire the fan to run all the time until i get a new sensor or something.... Anyone have a idea what i need? i forget what sensor it is that makes the fan turn on when it gets hot i need to get the fan going i have tilling to do with this 600 sportsman anyone got a detailed description on how id do such a thing to get the fan working so it stops overheating? drives good and no the head isnt leaking the oil isnt milky at all it has like 3700 hours on it i believe.... SOMEONE HELP ASAP THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO GUYS ???

·
Registered
200 Posts
My 400 has a little coolant temp sensor on the side of the cylinder if you unplug it, the ECM doesnt know what temp the engine is so it goes into cautious mode and turns the fan on.

Sounds to me like you need a thermostat, radiator or a water pump. Assuming everything was full coolant should be flowing. It will only overheatif coolant isn't flowing. So double check all of those things and make sure the water pump is pumping and the thermostat is opening at the proper temp, or at all. and make sure the radiator isn't clogged.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried unplugging it and the fan wont turn on either so i dont know what is going on but i did make sure the fan works...

·
Registered
200 Posts
If the fan wont turn on at all its either a faulty fan or the ecm. I would suspect fan though make sure nothing is blocking it. I've had sticks through my fan blades before.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i mean ive unplugged the fan sensor.... the fan itself works it just wont turn on the sensor or something is probobly not telling it to turn on

·
Registered
200 Posts
Coolant temp sensor is bad then.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
jump out the switch and the fan will run all the time, when the key is on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts