Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
You can, but it will disable the fan and hot light functions - better to just install a replacement unit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I bypass the charging side of the ecm on a 2003 Polaris magnum 330 4x4 with external voltage regulator rectifier
I know this is an old thread but I have a 2003 330 magnum. Voltage regulator was bad. So I got a 3 phase regulator off of eBay and all I did was unplug the three yellow wires from the ecm. Plugged my 3 yellow wires into that plugged hooked up a positive straight to the battery. And hooked up the ground. Now my quad charges just fine and everything else that the ecm does still works fine. So instead of a $300 ecm I fixed with a $30 regulator. Just wanted to share in case someone else had the same problem.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
7,059 Posts
Welcome.gif
to the forum
Cheers.gif

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly. You will be given more advice than you could hope for.

The real shortage in this country is common sense.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
7,059 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I have a 2003 330 magnum. Voltage regulator was bad. So I got a 3 phase regulator off of eBay and all I did was unplug the three yellow wires from the ecm. Plugged my 3 yellow wires into that plugged hooked up a positive straight to the battery. And hooked up the ground. Now my quad charges just fine and everything else that the ecm does still works fine. So instead of a $300 ecm I fixed with a $30 regulator. Just wanted to share in case someone else had the same problem.
Pictures are required for your post...... It's in the forum rules
Read the Directions.gif

Reactions: polman500

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
You can, but it will disable the fan and hot light functions - better to just install a replacement unit
I'm so smart, I never considered leaving the battery wire connected to the unit to run the fan, but yes, if the unit functions and the only problem is charging the battery, an external rec/reg plugged into the alternator wires and separate wires run directly to the battery will solve the problem cheaply.

Good job and thanks for reminding me not to over think a solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts