Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off im new to the forum so i apologize if i mess something up but i have a 2003 magnum hasnt ran in a few years finally got it back running. when i parked it and went off to school it was dumping oil into the air box. i got it back running this week and it cranks up fine rides fine. idle there is no problem but after full throttle for a few secs you can watch the oil coming out of the crank case vent tube and everynow and then a lil gas will come out of the air intake any ideas or quick fixes trying to sell it soon as possible

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
you sure its not gas? does gas come out the bottom of carb when its sitting? if its oil, oil has to be over full or it has a bad case of blow by

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea im sure it not gas and the oil were it suppose to be but im thinkin it the blow by just never seen it this bad didnt no if anybody elsee had seen this problem

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
try running it with oil down , like 1/2 of a pint, wont hurt it, they have a dry sump oil system , crankcase holds like 2 cups of oil and recirculates from oil tank, maybe if you run it a little low the vent tube from tank to airbox wont pick up as much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts