Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the options for replacing the engine in a 2003 Polaris Magnum 330? Any different models/engine sizes that are compatible? I can't find an exact replacement.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I've been lurking for a little and I was hoping my first post would be under different circumstances, but that's life. Hopefully someone here has some advice!

Anyone know if a 2004 Polaris Trail Boss 330 Quad 4x2 would have a compatible engine?

·
Registered
346 Posts
im pretty sure the trailboss would fit in it. the only difference i know of is that the trailboss only has H,N,R and the magnum has H,L,N.R,P but i dont know if that effects the engine.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What lead up to the engine failure? Sorry to hear the news.

I expect a 325 engine might bolt up OK but not sure the bigger 330 carb would work or not.

Unless the bike shows little use/abuse it is typically best to part them out and buy another used on with the cash. We picked up a 2002 Magnum with an engine knock due to loosing all of oil due to a blown oil cooler line. He shut it off when it started knocking and it will start and idle just fine because I let him start it for 3 seconds. He and the shop that fixed the oil line states it starts knocking and dies if put into gear. Because of it shows little wear we will attempt to rebuild the engine for use it for parts for the other 2002 Magnum we have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts