Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently bought used 2003 700 old gas drained used sea foam, no big issue then backfired alot then cut off, cleaned carb completely new plugs, the carb for some reason is pushing gas towards rear instead of towards cylinders. i can pull off main line to carb and it will crank and run until gas is gone from float if i reconnect gas it will cut off. will not crank in choke, what im i missing.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would tear the carb back apart and make sure everything got put together right, I would also check to make sure the float isn't sticking and make sure all the jets are cleaned out very good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would also check and make sure all of the vent lines are hooked up right.Also make sure the overflow vent on bottom of carb is not stoped up if the float is sticking and that is stoped up it will flow back into the carb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
floats are definatly sticking, I went threw the same thing with my 500 ,the gas was literaly running out the back o the carb when I tried to start it, had to clean the seat in the bowl also , because it did it a couple times after cleaning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts