Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no spark but it cranks so I was going through the checks to see what was wrong and I was checking the exciter plug and pulse trigger plug and I wasn't using a peak reading meter but my meter read 0 for both wires. that would mean something is wrong in the stator right? thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Its the complete Ducati Ign system that goes bad on these, don't try to piece it together,order the complete Kokusan kit part # 2202603 comes with New stator, flywheel, CDI coil regulator, rectifier jumper wires and instructions can get it from cycle parts warehouse for around $450.00. I know that's a lot of money but that's the only way I know to fix it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Its the complete Ducati Ign system that goes bad on these, don't try to piece it together,order the complete Kokusan kit part # 2202603 comes with New stator, flywheel, CDI coil regulator, rectifier jumper wires and instructions can get it from cycle parts warehouse for around $450.00. I know that's a lot of money but that's the only way I know to fix it.
I have an '03 Sportsman 700 with around 6000 miles on it told the same thing. Mine at first would just shut off then later start and run for a little while (15mins or so) perfect then again shut off....eventually no spark at all &no start. Still havent had it fixed yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts