Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on 2 of these one fouls the plug out after about a month and the other wont last a week. I have checked air filters and they are clean. It seems to be gas fouled because the plug looks real soothy. You can clean the plug and will go for awhile and then it pops,spits and quits running. The one that last about a month has done this ever since it was brand new. It does idle and runs slow probably more than it should but still the plug should last longer than a month. It is run pretty much every day. I dont know much about the one that fouls the plug in a week.. Any one got any ideas, thanks

·
Registered
527 Posts
First I would make sure the carb is clean and adjusted to factory specs. If all that is good then you will probably need to replace the needle valves in both carbs. This meters the fuel coming in the carbs. You can test them if you have a Mighty Vac. Let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the needle out and it was set all the way rich so I set it all the way lean and will see what this will do. This is on the one that was fouling once a week. Thanks for your help and will let you know how things work out.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts