Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carb has been gone through twice. Engine is running like crap. Take off airbox cover and remove filter it improves a little bit, but is breaking up on the top end, and backfires through the exshaust. With the filter in and the airbox cover on it dies when you throttle it up. If you have any suggestions on where to start it would be a great help? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
45 Posts
did any of the foam come loose and get in the air intake pipe that runs to the air box or block it up. replace the spark plug too unless ya have

·
Registered
49 Posts
It sounds like it is running really lean. I would look at all of the simple things and then fatten it up alittle and see what happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did any of the foam come loose and get in the air intake pipe that runs to the air box or block it up. replace the spark plug too unless ya have
Thats all clear and a new plug. It is a carb problem, but I have checked air screw, float height, removed all the jets, soaked the body, put all new orings and float needle in, and reset air fuel screw to the stock setting according to the disc I have, which says 2 turns out. Did leak down test just to confirm no bad valves or rings, and it was at 8% which is jam up. So I am lost!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds like it is running really lean. I would look at all of the simple things and then fatten it up alittle and see what happens.
That would mean screw the air screw in correct? I raced MX and SX my whole life till I broke my back, and the rule of thumb on the bikes were if the screw was on airbox side it was air, and intake side was fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts