Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

My carburetor started leaking and after research decided to replace the needle and seat. I have done so but I have never seen floats that look like these so I have no reference as to how they are supposed to fit. The manual I have shows your typical black floats for this year (2003), but mine are white and seem to be an entire assembly consisting of a tube that enters back into the carburetor. I have never seen anything like this and I hope maybe some of you have. The problem I am having is that at the end of the tube there is a tiny Oring. Im guessing this should fit snug into the carburetor. It does not. The "float tube", as I call it, sits on the carb and nothing really holds it in place. Without the float bowl on, if you were to turn the carburetor upright, the floats easily fall out. I assume because there is an Oring that it should fit snug but I could be wrong. I just took it apart and cant see how the Oring would have shrank so Im a little baffled. I figure its worth asking, because Ill hate to assemble it as it is and have a bunch of problems. I hope someone out there knows what Im talking about, I have never seen floats like these. I could order an Oring but I imagine the dealer will want a mint for this "specialty part" plus I don't want to if the float is suppose to fit lose for some reason, if that is the case, I would wonder why an Oring is needed. Argh...confused.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The o-ring should fit snug. Likely the culprit in it leaking fuel. You should be able to get a replacement at any hardware store without paying the dealer price. Most of the machines out there the o-ring comes with the float assembly and is not offered as a separate piece.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man...I do have an Oring kit so ill look through those first and see if i can find one that fits on the float and fits snug into carburetor.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts