Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve checked search for this and only found advice to use pb blaster and roll pin removal punch or a air palm nailer.
That’s all great but I can’t get straight on clearance to use a pin punch and hammer or palm nailer.
Do I need to remove radiator or othe things to get this pin out ? Thanks .

·
9,855 Posts
If you get it rolled around to the correct spot toward the front. The pins can be driven out without removing the front brush guard with a long punch but its tight and not easy. Put 5/16" grade 8 bolts with nyloc nuts back in rather than pins on assembly and they won't be a problem next time.
Otherwise, you can remove the front fenders and brush guard #26 and get to them much easier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really appreciate your advice, you guys make off roading fun and for us that wrench our machines, affordable. Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi i am just doing mine now if your's has the same diff as my Explorer 500 be careful on the left side if driving the roll pin from the front as it will drive the pin into the diff housing and may crack it just drive it in till the pin is just below the surface than rotate vertical than your 1/4 pin punch will locate in the hole so you don't need the keep it located than you can concentrate on tapping it down and not hit the cooling fan or radiator see pics.
IMG_20200314_42612.jpg
IMG_20200314_53268.jpg
IMG_20200314_34249.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you defiantly unbolted some front end parts to get a clear enough space to use punch and hammer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts