Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my first toy but now it won't start and it is killing me having this 500 and not being able to ride it yet. I bought it and it worked fine, turn key to drive in back of truck and to offload no problem. Now for some reason no power any where- no lights, winch or ignition. Nothing. It pulls starts and stays running but no lights or 4x4 or anything. Bought a new starter solenoid switch and put it in but no difference. Hate being a newbee to this but anyone have any suggestion or has had the same problem and fixed it? Battery is brand new and pushing 12.6 volts. Any help or advice would be great.
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Electrical problems suck, no sugar coating it :(

You need to start at the ignition switch and work your way down checking every wire for loose connections, loose grounds, frayed wires, blown fuses. Most of the time it turns out to be one of those. Wires around the pod can get stretched and fray or ground bolts loosen up from vibration.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Could a faulty regulator do this?

In a word, yes.

Should be in your things to check list.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
You can check the power going to it and coming from it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Does the '03 have a power control module (PCM) like the '05's and newer? Mine had the same symptoms and it turned out to be a blown PCM.

Mark

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
It turned out to be a rusted out circuit breaker in the pouches.

That sounds about right. Glad you got it straightened out!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts