Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Polaris sportsman 600 and when I put it in neutral and press the yellow back up button and turn on the key and toggle through the display I come to 4x4 and ranch icon and it says off I have pressed the button and held it down for 5 min and it will not change to on I have been having problem with the four wheel drive found that the front differential coil was bad when 12 volts was applied. I also found that when I checked the voltage with the coil unhooked noticed that the voltage was going from 2volts up to 12 traced down wiring and found that I was losing ground at the speedometer on the brown wire was not sure if speedometer is bad or I am not doing something right when I go through the menu as far as turning the icon above on

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
The wrench icon is to set sevice intervals, can set the # of hours you want between oil change,if your losing ground, splice in another wire and run too a good ground, all brown wires are ground on Polaris.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wiring problem

I did just that and now the voltage is steady but the 4x4 icon does not come on when in four wheel drive did before I reset the service time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts