Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I had it idling fine for about 10-15 mins took it for a ride and felt like it was going to die and it backfired a few times. It wont stay idling just shuts off now. The previous saturday i took it for a 4 hour trail ride, then washed it the day after. I started it two days after I washed it and lots of blue smoke came out but it ran fine, and the smoke cleared up. then the next day is when all this stuff happened. Can anybody please help me out thanks:headache:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks speed for the info, could it be bad gas too or bad spark plugs, that would make it backfire and no idle? I also notcied the carb idle screw was bent when turning it, could that cause it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
bad gas=no, carb idle screw=maybe, spark plugs= more likely. my boot ripped and it took a while to find it. bad idle and backfiring. should have asked this forum. good guess by speeddrive1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bad gas=no, carb idle screw=maybe, spark plugs= more likely. my boot ripped and it took a while to find it. bad idle and backfiring. should have asked this forum. good guess by speeddrive1
Thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts