Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at idle it races up unless i pull the choke ,hot or cold.when i give it gas it bogs until i get to a bout quarter throttle then it seems to clear up until i slow down

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Possible dirty carb or the carb could be out of adjustment. The throttle cable should have a 1/16 to 1/8 freeplay in the throttle lever. They also had a team tips bulletin regarding this machines drive ability at low speed, has your machine ever had any up dates done to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no updates . i tried cleaning the carb today ,still the same.i will check the trottlelever today. thanks

·
Registered
527 Posts
The kit consists of a new slide spring, jet needle, pilot jet and main jet. If your machine is hard starting or takes a long time to warm up or just spits and sputters on low end then this is probably the problem. I believe all the parts are about 65.00, let me know if you need them. I have done these to numerous machines and it does make a big difference.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You need to get these new parts it will be like driving a new machine. Let me know if you want those updated parts. You can call me at 651-340-1129.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts