Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched but could not find an answer. I want to hook up a tachometer to my 2003 Sportsman 700. I called the dealer and was told there is no factory tach available. Where can I find a tachometer that will work with my machine? Thank you.

·
Registered
567 Posts
There is a company called tiny tach. I have one in my boat. Give them a call and tell them what you are putting a tach on because they make different ones for different engines.

http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach.php

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response but I was hoping to find a tach that could be wired direct without the spark plug wire wrapping. I know how to see the tach in diagnostic mode but I want something I can use while driving.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Good luck..... most anything aftermarket your looking for will have a need to connect to a coil/plug wire. Don't know of anything "factory" that could be wired dirrectly into the Popo wiring harness.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are lucky. I only have the tach in diagnostic mode. As soon as I shift into gear, it disappears. I was hoping someone knew of a way to activate the tach in regular mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts