Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok, a couple things to try now! Put new plugs in it yesterday and ran it for a bit. Gonna pull the plugs and see what their like.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok, pulled the plugs and it's definitely running lean, lowered the eclip, put fresh fuel, and came out another ¼ turn on the fuel screw. Idle adjuster is out as far as it can be. It's still falling on its face and also idling high, to the point where it's very difficult to change the shifter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok update. Kinda feel like I may be getting somewhere. Bumped the fuel screw out a bit more so now at 3 turns out. Still idling high and cant shift gears well but I was able to do a fish tail with it on the grass so there's a bit more power but still getting a fair bit of popping and cracking from carb. Now feeling like I need to up the pilot and maybe main jet as well. Thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So from 2-3 turns out on the fuel screw I've noticed no drop in idle at all. When I cover inlet on the airbox mostly not complete it seems to idle fine. Or if I pull the choke out slightly also. Does this mean I need to be richer still?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you late bird, gonna drop the eclip one more spot until I can get some jets, see what happens

21 - 26 of 26 Posts