Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trail boss will crank and runs about 2 minutes and then cut off. its getting gas and has spark. problems started after a friend hit a small mud hole. cleaned carb, changed oil and put in a new plug. any ideas what I should do next? its not really smoking when it does crank but I can put in a new plug and check it after it cuts of and its solid black. thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Try loosening the gas cap, maybe vent is plugged. Is airbox and air filter dry? PUT some di-electric grease in plug boot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll idle but roughly. Then when I ride it around the yard it'll cut off and won't crank back. I can open the screw on the bowl of the carb and gas comes out so I know it's getting gas. It's got me all confused haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Air filter is dry. It'll crank and idle bit when I press the throttle it runs rough but smooths out the higher the rpms. When I ride around the yard and it cuts off it won't crank back

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Check the ETC in the throttle assembly. Maybe the cable is mis assisted after you cleaned the carb. Our Mayne a carb boot is cracked and leaking air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts