Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kids 2003 trl blzer was idling high so when trying to adjust it I noticed 3 hose nipples that were bare ( 2 on the top right side one part of carb and one black plastic ) ( the other on the bottom , I assume is the over flow for the float bowl ? ) . I assume they were vents and possibly an oil supply line from the pump to the carb. Pushed it into the garage and the next day there was oil leaking from the oil pump . What happened to those lines I have no idea. I was concerned that the missing lines starved the jug of oil and that caused the high idle . I checked compression and got between 95 and 100 after 5 pulls with throttle wide open . I have spent hours looking for compression for the 244 cc motor and have found " your fine at 100 psi " and " gotta have atleast 115 psi " LOL !!! So two ?s

1 ) Will the motor run ok at 95 - 100 psi ?

2 ) Where the hell do the hoses on the 3 nipples on the carb go ?

Thanks for any info you got !

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
High idle is caused by a vacuum leak - pics of the carb and nipples would be helpful - my first guess is two nipples are float bowl vents and one nipple is for vacuum - oil leak, hmmmmmm.................

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
U R right - the plastic nipple and the brass nipple were originally connected together with a T fitting and the loose end was just dangled down behind the engine so any spillage would drain away from the engine and onto the ground

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So where would the oil leak come from ? Trans is full , not brake fluid . Ill have to take off the carb and inspect the pump and its hoses. I thought it was leaking from one of the nipples.

Most importantly will it run at 95 psi ? Might not be worth fixing if the jug is toast ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts