Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this 2003 trailboss 330 atv that the 2 lines going to the oil cooler up front keeps leaking. The kind that is on mine have a screw in fitting on each end. My closest polaris dealer claim the replacements have a screw fitting on one end and the other end has a hose clamp that tightens it down to a barb. I dont have this barb. what can I do? does anyone know the correct part number or someplace I can have new fitting made to screw in the oil cooler? thanks

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
You need to have your full 17 digit VIN number ran to get your model #. There are two options. An (AA) and (AB). Your model number will have one of those two letter combos in there.

I'm willing to bet that one is the screw in type both side, the other has the hose clamps on one end.

Otherwise, if you have a forklift or hydraulic shop in town, if you take your hose in, they can probably use your hoses to make brand new hoses with you, with the correct fittings.

Here are the PN#s.

5412039 Hose, Inlet (AA)
5412355 Hose, Inlet (AB)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks blueline.. i did find those 2 part numbers before. the dealer told me they were both the same but im not sure they knew what they were talking about. im curious... do these lines have a lot of pressure? both of my line leak right where the fitting is pressed on the hoses. so I took one off and cut the fitting up until it was just the barb that goes inside the hose and it screws into the oil cooler. I put the hose on and put a hose clamp on just like the ones the dealer told me would be. but they still leak from the hoses.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
These are not high pressure hoses. You can just cut the flanges off the fittings to get to the barbs. Once you do that you can install a good reinforced hose with clamps on each end. When I'd do bikes I used that clear hose with nylon reinforcement inside, that way you can see your oil condition quickly. Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The stock hoses have probably got holes in them to still be leaking. I'd just change them out and have peace off mind. And do a change every other year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oil cooler thermostat?

I have a 2000 325 Mag, and it has a aluminum thermostat between the motor and the cooler. The lines from the thermostat to the cooler look original, but the lines to the motor are different and have metal crimped ends that look like auto trans lines? When the motor is warm, not sure of motor temp, the lines and thermo are hot but the lines to the cooler and the cooler itself are cold. The new lines from partspitstop are $100 a piece. Can I just repalce them with the clear reinforcedd home depot stuff? OEM hoses have a integrated valve in them. My build date is 6/21/1999. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts