Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've owned an 03 predator for a couple months now and got sick of not having reverse. So I found a great deal on an 07 and went and bought it. I want to make the best of both worlds with the 07. Can you guys please tell me all the differences between the years and what parts from the 03 that i should swap onto the 07? I've already read that the 03 has an inch longer swingarm and better rear shock, the 03 also has some nicer front shocks. are there any differences with axles? head pipes? any little thing..... trying to find a way to swap out the parking brake because the design on the 03 is just much nicer. Thanks for all the help in advance! Also, do you know if there is any difference in the output of the engine? the 07 feels like a 2 stroke with a powerband and i dont like it. I bought a yfz450 carb to put on it for some bottom end.....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Only main difference is swinger and motor mounts and no reverse most of everything else is the same.........

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only main difference is swinger and motor mounts and no reverse most of everything else is the same.........
Well, i know plastics, steering stem, radiator, front shocks so far. The motor is obviously designed different since i beleive the thermostat housing is on opposite sides.... just looking for all the little things before i get rid of the 03.....
also, the 03 swingarm, rear and front shocks are supposed to be better, right?

·
Registered
521 Posts
swinger yes shocks i dont know depends what they are? if there fox podium piggy backs yes there better

·
Registered
27 Posts
They changes some parts on the tranny from
03 to 04 (stronger shift forks)
And the crankshaft is the same 03-04 and changed
05-07
The 03 has a weak tranny....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts