Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i was having problems with my sportsman where it would only start for a few seconds on full choke or with the air intake covered by my hand so i figured if i rebuilt the carb i would be set. That didnt work and in the process i added a new spark plug, in line fuel filter, and air filter. Still wont start unless i cover the intake with my hand, any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
by covering the intake up you are cutting the air off and in turn getting the fuel mixture closer to what it needs to be. so in turn you have to much air not enuff fuel. cover it up and you get more fuel in the mix. check the fuel pump for proper flow. you say you rebuilt the carb, did you check the float level as well. to low will cause starvation too. also a restriction in the fuel line maybe? was there a lot of dirt in the fuel bowl? sounds to me like it isnt getting enuff fuel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, float wasnt adjusted right, works now!! Now onto the next issue, when the battery is connected the fan turns on even without the key in and kill switch off!!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I have seen a couple of other guys on here with that fan problem. I would do a google search for it (our forum search engine is a mess). I never did follow the threads because I didn't have any such problem. But I know I have seen the threads here.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Oh and Welcome to the forum. I'm from NNY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts