Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i first done a compression test 160 on the right 165 psi on the left. I've been checking wires and found the left hand injector wire hand the insulation rubbed off in a spot and the fuel pressure was 37 or 38 lbs.
The machine runs good but idles rough when it cold but runs better when it warms up. I had read somewhere that alot of short trips or the like can do something like this i dont how just what i read somewhere.

Sparkplugs are fresh and look good I just thought i'd ask those that know I'm learning more and more about this machine. Oh yeah it was gas in the oil. :oops: Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i first done a compression test 160 on the right 165 psi on the left. I've been checking wires and found the left hand injector wire hand the insulation rubbed off in a spot and the fuel pressure was 37 or 38 lbs.
The machine runs good but idles rough when it cold but runs better when it warms up. I had read somewhere that alot of short trips or the like can do something like this i dont how just what i read somewhere.

Sparkplugs are fresh and look good I just thought i'd ask those that know I'm learning more and more about this machine. Oh yeah it was gas in the oil. :oops: Thanks Guys.
My 2005 700 efi would get gas in the oil also, would actually cause oil level to rise. Never caused any issues though, i just changed oil frequently. could try removing the fuel injectors and priming the fuel system by cycling the key a few times, then leave it on and see if the fuel injectors are leaking fuel

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wondered if the injectors were leaking but did'nt know how to check them. they seemed to hold pressure when i checked the fuel pressure it was 37 or 38 psi. I do try to keep my oil changed on a regular basis. it's the life blood of the engine;)

·
Premium Member
10,555 Posts
Yup those injectors are leaking. Time for some new ones or at least rebuilt one's.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bp for the reply are there good after market or just stay oem? Do we have anyone on here that can rebuild them?
I'm not arguing the fact that there leaking I just didn't know myself and was curious:unsure:

·
Premium Member
10,555 Posts
I just bent over and bought oem but I'm sure they're reputable reman places I just don't know of any off hand.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol. I know what you mean. I was trying to find a strainer for my Carter p72118 fuel pump. I guess I'll have to order that too. I was looking at the bosch injector's I've had pretty decent luck with there products. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts