Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I ask, I'm sure this has been beat up but I cannot find my answer after much searching. I have a 2004.5 500HO with a 1157 taillight lamp. I'm trying to save some power for accessories by changing it to LED. I tried a simple replacement 1157 LED lamp but it isn't working. Do I need a resistor or does Polaris have some funky wiring? The harness is unmolested and it was even the original lamp. I bought the machine new. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did the samething, if the bulb doesnt work try reversing the bulb, they plug in bothways

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry so late, but a LED is essentially a diode so its polarity sensitive (some however have built in circuits to avoid this but 1157's proly don't).. swap it around as suggested and it should work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I messed with this again today. The lamp can't be switched because the side posts are staggered. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I cannot speak specifically to your machine, but a lot of the older machines used a "CK" style bulb. Not sure exactly what that means, but it has something to do with the wiring. I've replaced the tail lights on both my 08 Sportsman and 08 RZR with these LED bulbs, and they work great. Much brighter than stock, and considerably less draw. Make sure you get red, not white. The red is much brighter. https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...45-smd-led-tower-wedge-retrofit-car/903/2228/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts