Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am glad to find this forum about Polaris rides, thanks for having me here!

I have a 2004 700 Sportsman Carbureted that is Blue and Silver with under 1,000 miles on it! I use it as a tool on my property to plow, get firewood and my wife to ride once in awhile.

The light bulbs are marginal at best. I want to replace the two bulbs in the bumpers with a brighter bulbs and also the high beam bulb which is different. I am open to halogens or LED's.

The lights that are in the bumper I would also replace if their was a better option. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Siggy

·
Registered
107 Posts
My 2006 800 uses 881 halogens, which is a 90° 880, which you can find at more places. I have Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LEDs in mine, which lowers the draw on the stator, and puts out serious light.

I kicked around searching for an 04 700, but didn't find a listing for what bulb type it was. You might need to pull them and compare at a parts store.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the same machine as you Siggy2ride. I replaced my bumper lights with 4" LED flood lights and they are amazing. Similar to these:

Very easy to install, but I'd suggest installing them with a simple plug for each one instead of hard wiring them. I had to pull my pumper off this weekend and the plug made it a snap.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the view. The short cut that you supplied, are these mounted like the factory lights? I cant look at mine right now cause the bike is over at my hunting camp and the I will not be back over there for a few weeks. So i hate to ask a dump ?, but I cant remember now they mount.
Did you buy yours new? I did. Had a 500 before this one. Really would like to get a side X side, but the wallet is holding me down............and the better half.😀 I use mine for duck hunting in Arkansas and piddling around the house.
Thanks again,
Phil

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hawk.....were yours also "Auxbeam" lights or a different brand?
Thanks,
Phil
Yes, I bought mine new. They mounted very easily, but I might have had to drill the mounting hole. I can't remember off the top of my head. I wouldn't worry much about the brand name. I think you'll find all the Chinese ones on Amazon are made in the same factory and are just being sold by resellers. Just look at the feedback and price.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, I bought mine new. They mounted very easily, but I might have had to drill the mounting hole. I can't remember off the top of my head. I wouldn't worry much about the brand name. I think you'll find all the Chinese ones on Amazon are made in the same factory and are just being sold by resellers. Just look at the feedback and price.
Sorry for the slow response. WhatI meant was if You bought your bike new? I didn't make my self very clear. I ordered those lights and they have come in. But I have not got them on yet. Maybe in a few days.
Thanks
Phil.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry for the slow response. WhatI meant was if You bought your bike new? I didn't make my self very clear. I ordered those lights and they have come in. But I have not got them on yet. Maybe in a few days.
Thanks
Phil.
No. Mine was well used when I bought it last year. The only reason I bought it was the engine was just rebuilt at a shop and it had brand new tires on it. I've put all new bushings and bearings in the suspension, put a new winch relay in, replaced the cig lighter socket with a USB/volt meter, replaced all four CV axles, rebuilt the rear brake caliper, recovered the seat, and added the lights. The one good thing about having to do all that is now I know my machine intimately and if something goes wrong, I have an idea what it is. It hasn't cost that much either because I do all the work. Right now a small coolant leak has spiraled into me rebuilding my front differential. It really only needed seals though. I also replaced the cheap plastic tee fitting in the coolant line with a brass one. The previous owner had put a cheap tee in place of the factory one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts