Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there. I am a newbie to this so bear with me please. I have been working on a early 2004 Polaris 700. The transmission is the problem now. I was told that a 600 tranny is the same as a 700 but on the oem sites they are different numbers and a 600 lists for almost half of what a 700 list for. I know they look the same and will probably bolt up but does anyone know what's up? Thanks, TW::confused:

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
they ARE NOT the same, dunno what exactly the difference is my guess is that they are probably geared different, probably will bolt up just fine, but if it were me, i dont know if i would try doing this. check with a good dealer and see what they say though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I finally found a 02 700 for parts and put that tranny on and it wors just fine. The only difference in it that I saw was the 04 had a little hole tapped where the brake resivor screwed on. I just moved it to a different place. Now I have a lot of 2002 700 parts for sale including a frame. I don't know if that is allowed here but if anyone needs parts let me know. Thanks, TW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts