Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Can anyone help? I have a 04 ATP that won't activate the AWD. The first thing I noticed was the cluster no longer indicated the gear in. Rest of cluster is fine. Also unit would not go into diagnostic mode. Here's the puzzle to me, If I (using a test light) ground out the drum switch/gear position switch I then get the cluster indicator to reflect a gear which thus engages the AWD. With that said, where is my problem? Where would the Drum switch normally get it's ground from and how do i fix?

Thanks all. Look forward to visiting often.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The gear selector switch for the transmission maybe faulty

·
Registered
31 Posts
look at the connector on the rear left side of your transmission, there may be 4 or 6 wires either the brown or your black wire is the ground, splice and ground out to the frame see if that helps. if not call your polaris dealership and ask if there is a recall on your computer/ECM there was plenty recalled on 2004 models it may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ManitobaHemi....You were/are correct. The ground is in-fact the brown however grounding it had no affect. On the other hand, splicing a ground to any of the other wires (I chose the H gear which is the blue/red) gave me a "H" gear indicator on the cluster which in turn allowed the AWD to function normally. The only drew back was/is the cluster indicator regardless of gear in always reads "H". In close, if I need the cluster to tell me what gear I'm in, I need alot more help then you guys can provide.

THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING. LOVE THIS SITE!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts