Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased our first ATV, 2004 Magnum 330 4X4. Read through the post and the information has been spot on. It needs oil cooler lines and a rocker box gasket. Other than that it is actually really clean. An elderly couple is who I bought it from and they have owned from new, it has 1400 miles and runs out good. My question is what kind of fluid should I put in what I would call the transfer case/4WD unit. What level should I fill it to. All the other fluids are full to the plug, should I do the same here?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
526 Posts
There are many options especially for motor oil. Since the rest to the fluids are a once in a life time change in our case because they are not swimmers just going with the Polaris fluids is not going to break the bank if you do not want to research your options. The manual lists some options. Polaris fluids are not special other than price. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replaced the oil cooler lines and upper gasket. The oil cooler lines I got from Polaris are some nice looking stainless steel pieces. I found out what everybody is running for oil from another link on this site. Thanks Polaris ATV forums, good solid forum community from what I can tell.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That is good because blowing oil cooler lines seems to be the main cause of engine death. The 325/330 engines seem to be of a solid design at meets most all of the needs of the 40 MPH and less crowd. :)

They are one of the heaviest ATV in their class it seems making it a good safe work machine and some trail fun too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts