Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, new here,,,need some help,,,I have a 2004 polaris 700twin efi, the atv was at idle, battery light comes on,,,I then park and shut it down, then try to restart, nothing but lights,will not turn over,, I put on charge, i check battery and there is lots of juice there, check all cables, clean some up, now there is nothing,not even lights,not even with a boost, check battery,fully charged,checked wires,,,all okay, any help here would be great.
thanks
homiezzz

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
100 Posts
If youre getting no power to your lights its because your killswitch is killing power to your machine. Id start there.Pull your wiring from under the left side handlebar and look at your connectors. If they have a corroded look hit em with some WD40 and let em sit. Then hit em again. Now hit em with some dielectric grease and plug them back in again. See if that helps. Your problem sounds like your killswitch to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check to see that no wiring is rubbing against the frame. On the my sportsman 700 EFI 2004 the coil packs are up in the left fender (drivers side), so the plug wire runs on top of the coolant hose (mine anyways) and that has a tenancy to rub through against the frame. It shut my machine down for a time short time period a couple of times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts