Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Polaris Predator 500. I have a problem with it starting. I can push start it and it runs fine. When I push the button it seems to turn over fine but will not start. Once I get it started and warmed up I can shut it off and it cranks right up. Do you think I may have a compression problem when it heats up everthing expands and gives good compression or something with the battery or starter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
did you modify the intake or put an exhaust on? if so, you will have to re-jet it. I had the same problem after I put my intake on. Had to move from the stock 150 jet to a 180 main jet and turn the fuel-mix screw out 3 turns from snug tight...

·
Registered
6 Posts
choke cable intact? new spark plug? clean air filter? Predators have a problem with getting oil in the filter if you stand them vertical...

·
Banned
8 Posts
I have a 1995 polaris sl750 with prok f/as and a jetlyne waterbox. I am only reaching 6350 to 6360 rpms. It runs great and hits 51-52 mph which is better than stock. But I thought I should be turning more rpms than that. Any comments or information would be great. Thanx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts