Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've searched high and low with no results... how do you mount a warn vantage 2000lb winch in between the headlights with the mounting plate supplied with it? or is it even possible for that matter thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just installed a 2000 lb. Superwinch on a 2004 Sportsman 700 which I believe has the same winch pocket between the headlights. I found very few winches that would fit after purchasing a Warn and finding out it wouldn't fit. I don't think it was a Vantage model though. I would recommend going to the KFI website and looking under your Sportsman model. It will list several mounting plates with the winches that will work with that specific plate. Not all will fit in the 2004 Sportsman winch pocket however so you'll have to check the overall width to make sure it is under 12 inches which limits the selections. But KFI has a great selection at good prices and ships quickly. Here is their website: ATV winches, mounts and accessories for KFI Products - KFI ATV Winch, Mounts and Accessories

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went and looked at the mounts... Yeah the one i got was a lot different than the one KFI has for it and the one KFI has actually looks like it should work... Most likely am gonna send the one back I got and go with the KFI plate because it says it fits the vantage 2000 winch... Thanks x 1 million just saved me ALOT of headache :veryhappy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts