Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 (manufactured 2003) Polaris sportsman 500 was operating normally, the next time I went to use it there was not power to anything except high headlights(low headlights didn’t work before this issue). I double checked that the battery was charged. I tested all three of the self resetting fuses under the front panel and all have battery voltage to both the input and output wires. Any fixes/ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
Check your grounds.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
Also do you have power to the ignition switch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What grounds should I check? I checked the ones going to the frame near the battery and they appear to be okay. I’m working on checking the ignition switch now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the ignition switch I have power to the red wire with white stripe it when tested in other locations I do not have power to the red w/ white wire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the ignition switch there is power between the black wire and the red w/ white but not between the brown and the red w/ white. From my understanding, both are grounds. Would this be a grounding issue between frame ground from battery and where the ignition switch gets it brown wire ground?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For anyone else having this problem we took it to a family friend that is good at this stuff. It was a bad connection on the left handlebar setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts