Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like my '01 with over 5000 miles on it. I'm be upgrading to the 550 Touring.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did. 99% were put on at altitudes over 8000 ft in Colorado every summer. I had to re-jet the carb and run without the air box cover to have it perform well. The Polaris dealer in Gunnison CO does not sell 400's for that reason. Good Luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how many years did it take you? i put 200 miles on last year i have to travel north to VT to ride i leave my atv's up there i have no place to ride here in ct. this state is a joke all they want you to do is work go home and pay taxes. i don't no why i stay here

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought it new... so there ya go. Here in AZ it's crazy. We can run motorcycle plates on the road and then we have to buy a OHV sticker every year as well. Same story for Jeeps etc. What does bug me is AZ is NOT bicycle friendly at all, there are no shoulders, only dirt or gravel. Phoenix and Tucson have bicycle lanes in the city but us country folk get no respect. :kabong: So my only choice is to ride in town 7 miles away.
Back to the ATV. Today I readjusted the carb for sea level and all is not well. I did have the valves adjusted a few years ago and it may need it again, no power to climb a hill at all, 20 mph at best WOT. We shall see.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I took it in to the dealer and they said they "tweeked" it. I'm not too sure what they did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts