Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Funny you should ask - here's the pages from the service manual that describe it's functions in; in addition to supplying power to the wiring harness, it is responsible for charging the battery, turning the cooling fan on and off and some other stuff.
Polaris Sportsman 400-500 2004  SSCB A.png
Polaris Sportsman 400-500 2004  SSCB B.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi...I had the same problem with my 2007 sportsman. found it to be the SSCB or called PDM (power distribution module). I live in Canada and polaris wanted $800 for a new one. Looking through the forum I saw someone mention about a company in Moscow Idaho called Module Master. I sent my unit in for repair for $200 CAD and the repaired the unit 100% with 5 year warranty on repair. Service was quick. They can be found on the internet or on Ebay.com. Used the bike for a couple of trips after with no issues. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
The SSCB is located behind the rad. have to take off front compartment. remove the mounting plate for the SSCB. only 4 screws on the SSCB and your in. Full of power FETS and circuit board with all surface mount components. Best to send it in for repair

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Thanks those are good pages. And there's no way to get inside the SSCB to repair anything?
Not that I know of, but MODULEMASTER might be able to do something with it like Brian58 suggests, but I can get that module new from Polaris for less than $200 - might check with your nearest dealer, but it's your choice.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts