Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am in bad need of a couple pictures... Bad need! Can someone who has a 03 thru 06 (chain driven) sportsman 6x6 please take a picture of the middle drive sprockets and rear drive sprockets up close?

Embarrassed to admit but I took mine all off a long time ago and didn't mark them or remember the way they go on. I have the stock sprockets, not the bolt on ones. They have a bowl type shape on one side and I would think they all go the same way but when I did that the rear chain seems to be at an angle slightly from the center to the rear sprocket. Like looking at it from the rear it's not strait, it's slightly towards the machine a bit angled.

I think the rear one needs to be turned around but then it's not on the same way as the rest. I'm lost, the manual and books and online things really aren't good enough...

I am sure a picture would work. I know it's a big favor to ask, but anyone want to throw me a favor :) ????

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You know I dont mean any offense to anyone... But I really am getting the feeling I've been black-balled, or black-listed or something weird like that? What did I say or do? I post and get no replies, wait for weeks, just never get replies.

Am I posting wrong?

I'm not lashing out, I'm asking honest question, just trying to figure how to interact and get help when needed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Man, if I could help I would. How close are you close to a dealer? You may try going and asking them.
I really do wish I knew.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, if I could help I would. How close are you close to a dealer? You may try going and asking them.
I really do wish I knew.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2
I appreciate the response... I'm 300 miles out and they want $150 just to look, so with the trip round, we are looking at 350 or 400 in cost to get it looked at :-(

·
Registered
211 Posts
You know I dont mean any offense to anyone... But I really am getting the feeling I've been black-balled, or black-listed or something weird like that? What did I say or do? I post and get no replies, wait for weeks, just never get replies.

Am I posting wrong?

I'm not lashing out, I'm asking honest question, just trying to figure how to interact and get help when needed.
I don't think that there are that many 6x6's around.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am one of the guys who tries to help with manuals

You did not do anything wrong with your post

I live in central NY and do not know anyone with that machine

In fact I have never even seen one around here

Sorry guy - at least I looked and responded !!

Trailbreaker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts