Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the last month my bike has died at idle. It doesn't matter if its as soon as I start the bike or after I've been riding it for an hour. It takes off as it should and seems to ride fine under throttle at all positions except idle. It also makes a "puff" sound before dying almost like a sputter or an air blowout. Recently I adjusted the throttle cable so that when I turn completely right it doesn't give it gas as if the cable was too tight. Could I have backed off the throttle cable too much? (I don't think that's the issue since I did that about 6 months ago) I've also changed oil and air filter about 3 months prior to noticing the issue and also spark plugs right after noticing the issue. I plan on adjusting the throttle cable again tomorrow to try and eliminate that idea. I will also try to get a video uploaded tomorrow. Any advice would be great.

·
Premium Member
10,586 Posts
Chk the plug wires.

Any codes??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got around to looking at a little bit today and it looks like the air intake boot is split right at the engine. I’ll order that part and see if that solves the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts