Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm attempting to find a winch that will fit in the front opening of my wife's 2004 Sportsman 700 EFI but it appears the space is very limited. I have a KFI off-brand mounting plate which will supposedly work for several winch models including many 2500 lb to 3000 lb Superwinch, Trakker, and Venom models. The problem is that these are all between 13" and 15" long and the available space is 13" in front tapering back to about 12" in back. Is it usually necessary to cut the plastic on the headlight side to get a winch to fit? Or will I be limited to a smaller 1500 to 2000 lb winch? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Not sure if current Warns fit but years ago I put a Warn 3.0 CI on mine.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply and photo. There are a few Warn winches that will fit but unfortunately the Warn 3.0 CI is discontinued and the rest are very expensive or out of stock. I found a couple reasonably priced at Northern Tool that may work but I'd be sacrificing some power. I'll keep looking for 3000 lb or 3500 lb winches that I prefer. If anyone knows of any with a width of less than 12.5" please let me know.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I paid about $300 with winch mount when I bought mine back in '05. I imagine price has gone up quite a bit for similar WARN today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts