Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2004 polaris sportsman 400 and the fan continuously runs even when key is off and the display flashes hot check engine. I've been searching forums for a solution but haven't been able to find one. I thought it may be the thermal sensor in the radiator but my bike doesn't have that one. I always thought my bike was the 2004.5 but I'm assuming it's the earlier one now since it doesn't have this sensor. Any help on finding this issue would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to check some things myself before I bring it to the dealer and spend a lot of $$$$.

Thanks

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sounds like the ECM is defective , give me you email address and I can send you the electrical chapter of the service manual with troubleshooting .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like the ECM is defective , give me you email address and I can send you the electrical chapter of the service manual with troubleshooting .
I have a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 6X6 and it is doing the same thing. The fan will not shut off and the hi temp is flashing on the dash even when it is cold. My email is [email protected] I would appreciate if you could send me the troubleshooting electrical chart as well.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 6X6 and it is doing the same thing. The fan will not shut off and the hi temp is flashing on the dash even when it is cold. My email is [email protected] I would appreciate if you could send me the troubleshooting electrical chart as well.
Check your email ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts